Wednesday 25 July 2007

Blind Light












Saw (half - the rest was closed due to flooding!) the Antony Gormley exhibition at the Hayward last week.

I rarely get to see a sculpture installation with works all by the one artist, so it was great to see how one creative mind evolves.

I'd seen photos from when Mum & Dad went to check out Another Place at Crosby Beach, and I'd run into one of the statues from Event Horizon while walking across Waterloo Bridge one evening.

Once I learnt more about the purpose of Event Horizon - 30 statues situated around Southbank all facing towards one of the Hayward's sculpture terraces, it all seemed a little more impressive.

And I had prepared myself to enter Blind Light ... not that I knew what I was letting myself in for!

To experience such disorientation when there's so much light is fascinating.

I'm going back.

Blind Light at the Hayward

Antony Gormley



No comments: