Friday 5 October 2007

Hannah Beth

I speak too soon and finally there's something (or someone) worth writing about!

I've never been happier to be woken in the middle of the night than I was this morning. On the other end of the line was Erin, lying in hospital, calling to tell me that she and Adam were the proud parents of little Hannah Beth.

Born at 00:59 Friday 5th October, weighing 6.5 lbs and stretching a mightly 52cm, she's a little beauty.

She wasn't particularly kind to her mother for her first 9 months of existence, but no one every doubted her appearance into the world would be well worth it.

I, of course (because it's all about me now!) spent 20 minutes jumping on the bed, nearly an hour trying to call my parents, texted Jack because I couldn't work out who else to tell, and interspersed it all with floods of tears.

Now I just have to wait 20 days to meet her ... I'm already 11 hours into my countdown!

No comments: