Wednesday 26 September 2012

Sayonara Summer ...




And so summer has gone.

I merely headed off to stay in a shack for a week or so, feeling rather Rhett Butler about the weather in London's immediate future and in the blink of an eye it was all over.

I feel I did the last undeniably summery weekend justice ...


Friday - Brighton.
Yes, I was working, but that's by the by really. With the sunshine creating glare on my laptop screen and the drunks in the park below putting aside their usual differences to have a sing-a-long, it was a lovely day for a seaside jaunt.

I resisted the temptation for a beach-side beverage and headed home to start my masterpiece ... I have grand intentions of writing more about my baking on here ... it's an unhealthy hobby. I was determine to try to posh up my cakes a little and with a little advice from a semi-professional, i think i did good.

The proof is in the pudding though, and with my firm belief is that cakes should taste better than they look, Grannie's old recipe didn't let me down!

Saturday
the Gang gathered to celebrate the fact that we were going on holiday. Well, at least that's why I was there! 

A housewarming for our very grown-up friends with two kids and "a house that you can walk around the outside" - quoting oneself is the height of fashion, don't you know? - and a pre-wedding celebration with a few of those who can't make it overseas.

A seriously glorious day with ridiculous amounts of BBQ & salads  (not so ridiculous we didn't eat it all, mind) , followed by three desserts and finally 3kg of brie (and a huge chunk of Roquefort which sadly paled in comparison ... though it's scent lingered on beautifully ...). Sometimes such a brilliant day distracts from the fact that wherever, whenever (yes, Shakira's in tha house), howeve rit happens - i just love spending time with these people ... many of whom I've know for almost 2/3 of my life. Not bad when you live on the other side of the planet from where you grew up ...

Sunday
was time for Supper Club 14. Words cannot describe the loveliness. Thank goodness a picture says a thousand words. Or in Supper Club's case, a thousand pictures.


We even invited a boy. I mean really, who could resist this?
I'm a lucky girl.

Photos from Little Swallow and Petal.

No comments: