Wednesday 11 November 2009

I've been thinking ...

I do way too much thinking about things. I go over and over options, decisions, possibilities in my head and generally don't reach a conclusion. I ponder, I contemplate, I daydream.

I spend more time thinking than I spend doing. I spend a lot of time thinking about what I should be doing and why I'm not doing it. From time to time I reflect on why I spend so much time thinking about things and why I am such a talented procrastinator.

None of this is particularly productive.

I once did some sort of course where I was told that if you have a task that you can do in less than 2 minutes, you should do it immediately otherwise you spend much more time putting it off and doing it later. I think the guy who tried to teach me that probably wasn't a PA to 6 Directors (on the side) ...

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go and think about my REAL job. And perhaps at some point do some work ...

1 comment:

Erin said...

I've been meaning to comment on this post for ages. It wouldn't have taken more than 2 minutes. I really do know what you're talking about though. I do it too. And then when I do decide on something, I spend more time wondering whether it was the right decision or not. Such a vicious cycle.