Thursday 10 January 2013

So, 2013 ...

Got off to a fantastic start and then went rapidly downhill, perhaps as penance for my revelry.

I have just returned to work following the longest break I had over the Christmas period. Of course, I spent three and a half of those four days curled up in bed or on the sofa feeling sick and sorry for myself, but if was a break none-the-less. Unfortunately, after that extended period of relaxation I seem to be coming down with something else. Most convenient that my immune system schedules it's rest periods on the weekends as well...

I shall suffer in silence no doubt, grateful that my parents are genetically obliged to listen to my woes.

And so I seem to have caught the January Blues, an infection with which I am unfamiliar. I have always thought it self indulgent - I am truly not a very sympathetic, or empathetic person in so many senses - and I'm not sure that my opinion has changed even now. My nature leans towards the selfish, despite protestations to the contrary from my friends and colleagues, and this excuse for a slump would be totally within character however-much I try to disguise it.

I can even hear it in the prosaic tone of this post.

And so adieu before even I tire if the sound of my own voice.

No comments: