Sunday 6 September 2009

Gruncle Peter's 90th

Had a great time last weekend spending a day in The Lakes and then celebrating my great uncle Peter's 90th birthday with the family.

Despite the drizzly weather I managed a day of walking in Windermere and Bowness, and finally took myself up to Beatrix Potter's home, Hilltop. I spent what was left of the day walking back down to Bowness, hopping on the ferry, visiting the local craft fair and, of course, dropping in to Lakeland Ltd - home to all those things you never knew you always needed!


Next stop - Wetherall, Carlisle. I spent a lovely evening at Auntie Mary's before we headed off to surprise Uncle Peter with a birthday lunch.

Great food, lovely wine and even better family ... plus some cake-cutting shennanigans ... I expect nothing less from the Kings!

No comments: