Tuesday 20 October 2009

Half a decade ...

Five years ago I moved to England.

Well, it was actually five years ago on Sunday that I flew out of Sydney so that's probably an anniversary of sorts too. And I did live in LA for 6 months, which interrupts things a little. And I did live in St Helens for 3 months. So London has only been my home for just over 4 1/4 years.

But I did move to England five years ago.

Half a decade is a very long time in some ways. The number of births, deaths and marriages is off the scale. The concept of living in Sydney is a world away ... and maybe that's why I wonder if I'll ever move back. Surely I should be missing it a bit by now? At the same time I don't think I'll live in London for the rest of my life.

Where, oh where shall I go next ...

Five years. Wowsers.

No comments: