Wednesday 21 October 2009

It makes no sense to me either

I saw this link today from a friend and it brought me to tears.

Yes, I was a little tired and emotional. Yes, I'd had a glass or two of wine after work. Yes, my boiler was broken and I was not entirely happy with the 12 degree temperature of my flat.

But it's more than that.

Yes, I believe in equal rights for everyone. Yes, I believe that if two people love each other and choose to commit their lives to each other it doesn't matter what their sexuality is. Yes, I believe in gay marriage.

Yes, I was appalled when the state of California passed Proposition 8. Yes, I am scared that the rest of the world will follow suit. Yes, I worry that there will be a day when people I care dearly for will not have their relationship recognised in the eyes of the law.

Yes, Mr Spooner your wife and you did not raise four sons with the idea that three of them would have certain rights and that the fourth of them would be left out.

Yes, I believe in equality. Yes, I believe in freedom. Yes, I believe in love.

No comments: